Sunday, January 27, 2008

Poetry Challenge #1

I came up with this idea as a way to try to get people interested in at least attempting to try poetry.


The challenge was to take your favorite nursery rhyme, and rewrite it. Taking the first line and keeping the rhythm in place.


For more fun things to do, go check us out at:



Here's my little entry. Enjoy!



Jack Sprat could eat no fat,
His wife, she was so mean.
She fixed a meal of poison'd pie,
Then listened to his screams.


The pain, immense, did him in,
His widow 's eyes did gleam.
Gleefully grinding his bones to dust,
She boil'd him in some cream.


The platter full, she did lick clean,
Then grabbed her fav'rite hat.
She travelled to the 'royal throne',
then Jack became the shat.


As you can see, I had fun with this one!!!!

6 comments:

S@n said...

LOL you are hilarious my friend! Love your sense of humor, poor Jack ! lol

chardonnay said...

Thanks Sandy. I just wish you had been home to have participated in this one!!!!

S.B. said...

hysterical! I could never come up something like that! Jack's wife is a cross between the witch in Hansel and Gretel and Medea! So funny!

chardonnay said...

Thanks Beth!!

She is a mean one isnt she. LOL!!!

Once I got the first 2 lines...the rest just kind of happened....

And I had to do my evil manaical laughter too, while writing it. Scares my younger kids greatly. They're afraid I'll turn it on them....

hmmm, there's a thought!!!

Leah said...

I knew that once was yours.
Just your kind of Evilness, hehehe!

Although I have to admit that theohter entries were pretty Evil too. ;)

chardonnay said...

Thanks Leah! And here I thought it was Ms. Sprat who was evil!! LOL