Sunday, January 27, 2008

Writers Challenge #2

The goal of this challenge was to write a piece of prose using the words Forest, Mouth and Dynamite, and having only 200 words to do so in. Needless to say, my sense of humor took over. Yet again. LOL!!!


Check us out at:





I like to walk in the forest and watch the sunset explode across the sky like dynamite.
I have always done this, just me, the trees, and the sky.
But this time there was total silence all around. No birds. No insects. No animals.
The silence was overwhelming, and I became increasingly unnerved.


I sat myself down to reflect upon this, and what it might mean.
As far back as I could remember, this land had been teeming with life.
But as hard as I listened, there was nothing.
I decided to continue on, and maybe I would find some answers.


As I wandered along the trodden path, I stumbled upon the mouth of a cave.
Having walked this path many times before, I knew that this cave did not belong here.
Now my unnerved discomfort turned to curiosity, and I entered.


My senses sharpened, and my skin prickled as my ears were assaulted with the forlorn sound of copious weeping.
The sound alone brought tears to my own eyes.
I called out, 'Who are you? And Why are you so saddened?'


And after a moment I heard the reply.
'Because I am a man, and I am STILL wrong.'

8 comments:

S@n said...

:o did you win?

I was not there to participate in this challenge either, :D really nice entry, I love your creativeness and imagination :D

chardonnay said...

Thanks Sandy!

And no, I didn't win.
Check the forum to see who did...LOL!!!

S.B. said...

ROFL! Yes, the first thing they should say every single morning is "I'm sorry". They're going to do something during the day to warrant it, so may as well take care of it to begin with.

So funny! You have a wicked sense of humor!

chardonnay said...

Thanks Beth!! I am glad you liked it!

And I agree, a really great way to start the day! Even if it is a bit female chauvinistic. But I figure if they canbe that way...so can we! And better at it too!!!


My hubby got so mad at me when I read it to him...LOL!!! I didn't care, he had justr done something to warrent that apology!!!

Leah said...

I laughed myself silly when I first received it in my inbox.
Then I had to read it to my hubby of course.
Well, he did ask... wanted to know why I was laughing so hard.
>:-)

The winning entry should be posted soon - I still need to take pics for it though...

chardonnay said...

Thanks Leah!

Did he get all mad like my hubby did??? LOL!!!

Colliegirl said...

I really enjoyed this one! LOL!

Men... they never seem to get it do they? The woman is always right, no matter how it may look!

Tee-hee! :)

These are some wise words of wisdom I have heard:

Happy Wife, Happy Life! Just Remember, She's Always Right!

chardonnay said...

I like those words of wisdom Tammy!!! I really do!!!

Too bad my family does subscribe to them....LOL!!!

Ah well....

Thanks for reading!!!!